- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, published by Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, published by Doubleday
- Persistence of Memory by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, published by Delacorte Press
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, published by St. Martin’s Press
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, published by Dutton Juvenile
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer, published by Square Fish
My work-in-progress, The Romantics Club, is a third of the way, if you estimate it by words count. I’m now more than 20,000 words (and 85 pages) drafted on an 85,000-word (goal) novel of roughly 335 pages. That’s about the count for my completed novel (available to an interested publisher), The Renaissance Club. And I didn’t do it with a quill and ink. Thank goodness for the digital age!