Writing & Publishing Craft Tips
It can be lonely at a writer’s desk. I’m sure you’ve felt the wish to connect with others to find support, writing tips, publishing wisdom, and learn about book publishers and literary agents. Whether we write poetry, fiction, nonfiction, blog posts, or (like my husband) the Facebook equivalent of standup comedy, we all need help and inspiration.
Articles from My Blog
I blog regularly about writing tips, book publishing, agent querying, women’s fiction, and other aspects of my writing life. Here are some of my mainstay articles on these topics.
- Best 5 writing podcasts (out-of-1000s)
- What makes a great first page in a novel
- Surviving NaNoWriMo 50K Words in 30 Days — Yes, You Can!
- Poetry’s Consoling Power in These Uncertain Times
- Tips on writing a blurb for your book
- DIY Writing Retreats, or StayWriCations
- Squeezing into a Box — Fitting Into a Fiction Category
- Going Indie? How to Navigate Self-Publishing
My go-to website on all things writing and publishing – the incredibly knowledgeable Jane Friedman:
- Have More Fun Writing – Jane Friedman
- Jane Friedman – Writing & Publishing in the Digital Age
- Which Publishing Path Is Right for You and Your Book?
Other favorites include:
- Women’s Fiction & Why It Isn’t Romance Fiction – This Happened to Me Too!
- Writer Unboxed
- Writers Helping Writers
Women’s Fiction Writers Association, a volunteer-run nonprofit organization, is dedicated to the community of career-focused writers who create stories about a woman’s emotional journey. They have Facebook pages for members. A group as engaging as a never-ending writer’s retreat. If you’re writing women’s fiction, look into joining them. You’ll find so much support, community, and craft and publishing tips, and lots more.